Mainly Male understands that your privacy is important and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, https://www.mainlymale.com (“Our Site”, “Website”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described in this policy, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679.
Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- “Personal Data” / “Data” / “User Data” — means any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Website.
- “Cookie” — means a tiny file placed on your device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features on Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out below.
- “We” / “Us” / “Our” — means Mainly Male, a registered company registered in England and Wales under the company number 11386516, whose registered address is 8 Glasbury House, Ferndale Road, London, UK.
- “User” / “You” / “Your” — means the Individual using this Website, which must coincide or be authorised by the Data Subject, to whom the Personal Data refers.
- “Data Subject” — means the legal or natural person whom the Personal Data refers to.
- “Website” — means the tool by which the Personal Data of the User is collected.
- “Data Controller” / “Owner” — means the natural person, legal person, public administration or any other body, association or organisation with the right, also jointly with another Data Controller, to make decisions regarding the purposes, and the methods of processing of Personal Data and the means used, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this Website. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of this Website.
Information About Us
This website (https://https://www.mainlymale.com/) is owned and operated by Mainly Male Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales no.11386516, having its registered offices at 8 Glasbury House, Ferndale Road, London, United Kingdom.
For further contact information please visit our contact page.
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Due to the type of data We collect and the nature of Our business we currently have no legal requirement to have a DPO at Mainly Male Ltd. However, we will be happy to deal with any queries or requests regarding the data we hold about you. To do so please email[email protected]
What does this Policy cover?
As a Data Subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- Correcting your information: You are entitled to have your personal information updated to ensure it is up-to-date and accurate. This can be done by following the instructions below.
- Withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent to any processing that is currently being done by updating your preferences via the link in your email. You can follow the process below.
- Obtaining a copy of your information: You are entitled to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- Deleting your information: You can request that we delete personal information in certain circumstances. These will be specific to each case.
- Data portability: You are entitled to have us transfer to another controller the personal information that you have provided Us.
- Restricting processing: You can request a restriction on the processing of your data in some limited circumstances. Examples are concerns over data accuracy or we no longer require to hold your data but you have requested its retention by us to aid you in a legal matter.
- Right to object to processing: You are entitled to request that we stop processing your data for marketing purposes and in other limited circumstances such as asking us not to process your data by wholly automated means or not to analyse your data for targeted content.
To action any of these rights please contact [email protected]
What information do we collect about you and how?
We collect information about you when you fill in any of the forms on our website ie leaving a comment, sending an enquiry, signing up for an event, filling in a survey, giving feedback etc. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
Some of your data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR.
How do we use the information we collect about You?
We do not collect sensitive information (also know as special categories of information) about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it and have consented to this. Examples are sexual orientation in a situation where we may conduct a study where that information is relevant for the purpose of the study.
We do collect some information from cookies placed on your browser and similar software (such as social networks). This information is limited and requires your previous agreement.
We will not provide your data to other third parties for marketing purposes unless you have specifically consented to this when you first provided the data to us. You are entitled to withhold this consent and opt out from receiving such third party communications at any time by not giving your consent on the form that collects your details or by using the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email.
Place of processing: US
Anti-Spam & Security
In order to check login activity and potentially block fraudulent attempts, the following information is used: attempting user’s IP address, attempting user’s email address/username (i.e. according to the value they were attempting to use during the login process), and all IP-related HTTP headers attached to the attempting user.
Place of processing: US
We use Disqus to allow users to leave comments on our articles. Disqus is a content commenting service provided by Big Heads Labs Inc.
Emails & Newsletters
We may send you email notifications regarding specific requests made by you or service-related emails. You have the ability to opt out of any of this communication at any time.
If, at any point, you decide to stop receiving our newsletter, you can opt out using the link at the bottom of the newsletter email or alternatively please contact [email protected].
Place of processing: US
Embedded content from other websites
Surveys and polls
Place of processing: US
How long we hold your Data for?
Some of the information you provide to us is necessary to carry out repeated tasks, such us to provide you with our newsletter. We may also retain anonymised information for analytical purposes.
Comments are kept on our website for as long as you remain a registered user of Disqus or you delete them. We reserve the right to hide or delete any abusive comments such as spam comments and hate speech.
Other information, such as survey answers, will only be kept for amount of time necessary to process that same information, unless otherwise stated (ex. if you opt to sign to our newsletter).
What if I am aged under 18?
This website is not aimed at under 18’s. Please get your parents/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to Mainly Male Ltd.
Some articles contain explicit content. Access to these articles is blocked by an age verification process and its access is forbidden to users under 18’s.
Legal grounds for processing data
The legal grounds we process your data are the following:
- Contractual: we need the information to preform the contract for events or services you have requested.
- Legal: should we be legally required to contact you concerning a product, event or service.
- Legitimate interest: this means the processing is in Our interest. It allows us to manage the customer relationship effectively and efficiently and improve the events and/or services we provide by better understanding how our online provisions are used and which events are popular with which group of individuals.
- Consent: where you gave given us consent to market to you.
You can set your browser to not accept cookies and remove all cookies stored on your computer. For more information please visit aboutcookies.org or allaboutcookies.org. Please be aware that cookies are essential for some of the features on our website to work. Turning them off may affect your experience.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage, use and disclosure of information which you given us, to prevent any unauthorised access to, loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information in accordance with the UK data protection legislation. These include access control, firewalls and virus checking procedures.
Whilst we go to great length to ensure any confidential information remains protected we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet. You are responsible for keeping your user details confidential and won’t ask for passwords or access codes so please don’t trust them to anybody asking.
If you think that someone has accessed your information held by us without your permission or gained unauthorised access to your login details you must notify us immediately at [email protected]
Sale of the business
Should all or part of the Mainly Male Ltd business be sold or taken over by another organisation, your personal information may move to that same organisation as part of the sale or takeover agreement.
Updates to this policy
If you have any questions about Mainly Male’s privacy practices or this Privacy Statement, please contact: [email protected].
This page was last updated on 11 March 2019.