We surveyed 120 gay men and asked them some personal questions about their sexual fantasies.
Here’s what we found out.
Is a Daddy/Son role-play something that fuels your fantasies?
- Yes: 74%
- No: 18%
- Unsure: 8%
“Age differences have always intrigued me. In my 20s, I much preferred men who were 10 or 20 years older than me. Since my 40s, I’ve preferred men in their 20s, though I can be attracted to men closer to my own age, too.” — anonymous survey respondent
“It’s hot. There’s something about the bond between Dad and son that many of us didn’t have.” — anonymous survey respondent
“When I was in my teens, I used to like older guys. Now I’m older, and teenagers calling me Daddy turns me on.” — anonymous survey respondent
“I enjoy fantasising about forbidden situations.” — anonymous survey respondent
“I’m young, and like the idea of an older man fucking me. Also, I like to see an older guy teaching a younger guy what to do.” — anonymous survey respondent
“When I was a teen, I loved it when older men took me in hand to train me up in the joys of sex. Now, as an older man, I enjoy training up young men.” — anonymous survey respondent
Do you ever identify as a Daddy in your sexual encounters?
- Yes: 45%
- No — I’m too young: 19%
- No — It’s not an identity that I connect with: 30%
- Unsure: 6%
Do you ever identify as a Son in your sexual encounters?
- Yes: 48%
- No — I’m too old: 26%
- No — It’s not an identity that I connect with: 22%
- Unsure: 4%
Why do you think a Daddy/Son role-play appeals to you?
- It doesn’t appeal to me: 15%
- I had a good relationship with my father: 2%
- I had a difficult relationship with my father: 9%
- I enjoy the inter-generational power dynamic: 36%
- I don’t know, it just turns me on: 19%
- Other: 19%
Responses marked as Other could generally be categorised as either “It just turns me on” or “power dynamic.”
What does survey this tell us?
- The Daddy/Son role-play fantasy is a fairly common fantasy for gay men.
- There is a proportion of gay men that don’t in any way identify with the Daddy/Son role-play fantasy.
- Gay men often adapt the fantasy as they age— you may have identified as a ‘son’ when younger, but you can embrace the role of ‘daddy’ as you get older.
- The inter-generational power dynamic is the key driver of this fantasy for most gay men.
- We created a survey on MailChimp and ran it for 14 days in September 2018.
- We sought volunteers to complete the survey through Twitter and LinkedIn, targeting gay men.
- No incentives were offered to respondents to complete the survey.
- 120 respondents completed the survey.
- The results were manually analysed.
We want to hear your opinion
Time to spice up your sex life?
Toys. Lube. Good times.
Whether you’re playing by yourself or with others, sometimes you need to be able to pull a few new tricks out of your sleeve to keep things interesting.
Online retailer Fort Troff is a one-stop shop for all your toys, gear, and accessories.
We’ve done a detailed review of their Instagram to bring you some of the products that have caught our eye. You’re welcome.
Improve your sex life with a tantric workshop!
Time to spice up your sex life?
Need some new swimwear?
How to be a great 3rd in a couple’s threesome
Sizzling sexy Santa
How do you masturbate?
The power of social media and porn
Fetish2 days ago
What happens inside a gay bathhouse?
Arts & Culture1 week ago
Outdoors Cruising: the art behind the bushes
Hot2 days ago
Hung Young Brit: Creating reality porn
Health1 week ago
Men of Colour Talk About PrEP
Hot3 days ago
How popular are gay cuckold fantasies?
Fetish1 day ago
Can we talk underwear?
Life4 weeks ago
Chris Vincent has something to say
Arts & Culture2 weeks ago
The photographer who likes an artful nude