It’s official name is the Up Your Alley Fair, but San Fran locals generally just refer to this event as Dore Alley.
First held in 1985, Dore Alley is an annual leather and fetish event held on the last Sunday of July. It’s run by the same organisation as the Folsom Street Fair which is held annually in September.
In the services of Mainly Male, San Francisco local Niko Reeves pulled on his camouflage booty-shorts and combat boots to report from the front-line.
Dore Alley is described as Folsom Street Fair’s dirty little brother — is Dore Alley more of a pig-fest than Folsom?
Yes, Dore Alley is much more of a pig-fest than Folsom. The fair is like a preview before Folsom comes along, but it’s so fun. You see a lot of nudity, public sex, and of course leather.
I got there early, and stayed until it closed. This is definitely something that everyone should try at least once. It’s a lot of fun.
How big of an event is Dore Alley?
I’ve been going to Dore Alley Fair for years, it’s getting bigger every year.
There are always thousands of people there — locals as well as tourists from around the world.
Who goes to Dore Alley?
As the event gets more popular, it’s attracting a lot of different types of guys — there’s a lot of hot daddies, and guys in leather. It’s a lot of men.
Did you go to any of the parties that happen around Dore Alley?
It’s a big weekend for parties. I went to Powerhouse bar and chilled there for a while. I also went to The Eagle.
If I was planning a trip to San Fran, is it worth trying to include Dore Alley in my itinerary?
Yes — absolutely. Dore Alley is an experience of a lifetime. It’s a chance to wear all of the leather that you want, and also to see all the hotties wearing their leather. It’s at events like Dore Alley that you’ll make great memories.
We want to hear your opinion
Travel Tuesday: Costa Rica
Is this a destination that you’ll be adding to your wish-list?
When to go
What is the perfect gay holiday destination in central America? A lot of people would answer that question with two words, Costa Rica.
There are many reasons why this beautiful country is an ideal destination for your holiday.
The best time to go there is between mid December to the end of April during the dry season.
Located between the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, Costa Rica is the most visited nation in the Central American region. It is a peaceful country blessed with an ideal climate all year around and offers a quality of life unparalleled in the Western Hemisphere.
Friendly Costa Ricans will greet you with a smile and the words, “Pura Vida!” – “the pure life!”.
Costa Rica is also one of the most bio-diverse nation in the world, and a pioneer in ecotourism. More than 25% of Costa Rica’s territories are protected as easily accessible Conservation Areas and National Parks.
Two oceans, endless beaches, mystic rainforests, enchanting cloud forests, active volcanoes, stunning waterfalls, relaxing hot springs, winding rivers, exciting river rapids, picturesque villages, romantic sunsets, and a tropical year around climate, all combine to make Costa Rica the most magical gay destination you will ever experience.
Costa Rica is without a doubt the perfect country in central America to meet new friends and have fun. Here are a few places you cannot miss while you are there.
- La Avispa Discoteque or Bochinche Bar or Puchos Strip Club in San Jose City
- Club Karma in Manuel Antonio Beach
- Gay Saunas and Gay massage – there are some options in San Jose City
- Some places offer escort services and private massages
Many people are looking for a holiday where they can rest and relax. Costa Rican luxury gay-friendly resorts are waiting to indulge your desires. Wellness spas and retreats are available to pamper you. You can lounge on a beach, relax by a pool with a cocktail, or play around on world class golf courses.
Gay-friendly hotels and rustic lodges are available to fit any budget, and lots of private luxury villas or million dollar mansions are available for those who can afford it.
- Best Western San Jose City or Colours Oasis Resort
- Hotel Villa Roca, Hotel Vela Bar, La Foresta Resort, Hotel Mono Azul, Hotel Gaia or Hotel San Bada in Manuel Antonio Beach
- Hotel Vista Ballena in Uvita Beach
- Arenal Springs Resort, Baldi Springs Resort, Tabacon Resort, The Springs Resort, or Arenal Nayara in La Fortuna
- Club del Mar Resort or Hotel Villa Lapas in Jaco Beach
- Hotel El Establo en Monteverde
- Tortuguero Lodge or Mawamba Lodge in Tortuguero Canals
- Hotel Suria o Trogon Lodge in Savegre
What to do
- Private tour in Carara National Park or Manuel Antonio National Park or Arenal Volcano National Park or La Fortuna Waterfall or Poas Volcano National Park or La Paz Waterfall Gardens
- Mi Cafecito Coffee Tour or DOKA Coffee Tour
- Visit to Nauyaca Waterfalls
- Titi Canopy Tour or Los Suenos Canopy Tour
- Gay sunset cruise in Manuel Antonio Bay
- Sunset Cruise in Flamingo Beach or Tamarindo Beach
- White Water Rafting in Manuel Antonio Beach or La Fortuna
- ATV Rides in Manuel Antonio Beach or Jaco Beach or La Fortuna or Flamingo Beach
- Sea Kayaking or Scuba Diving or Sport Fishing in Manuel Antonio Beach or Flamingo Beach or Jaco Beach
- Sky Trek, Sky Walk or Aerial Tram in La Fortuna or Monteverde
- Bungee Jumping, Zip lining and Hiking in Monteverde
Whatever you desire that can be found in a pre-arranged Itinerary or a customized Costa Rican holiday package organized. Feel free to contact me for more information and book your next unforgettable holiday.
Celebrate the New Year with some erotic gay fiction
The naked men of J.D. Dragan
Super Hung. Super Entertaining.
Matty J is doing it just for the fans
#ManCrush: Danilo Ruocco
How do you masturbate?
Fetish1 week ago
What happens inside a gay bathhouse?
Arts & Culture2 weeks ago
Outdoors Cruising: the art behind the bushes
Hot1 week ago
Hung Young Brit: Creating reality porn
Health2 weeks ago
Men of Colour Talk About PrEP
Fetish4 days ago
Can we talk underwear?
Hot1 week ago
How popular are gay cuckold fantasies?
Bears2 days ago
The ultimate gay muscle-daddy?
Arts & Culture2 weeks ago
The photographer who likes an artful nude